ptooey, he said...

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mini Rant

Tongue.

The word is t-o-n-g-u-e. How simple is that? Idjits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and here are some pics of our nearly finished basement:







I have never felt so much like a white collar wuss as I do right now. After only two nights of working on that floor, I feel like I've been beaten up. My knees ache, my back is sore, and the palms of my hands are tender from thumping them on those planks to align them. But it's almost done. Just a shade less than a month ago, that room was bare studs and concrete floor. So I've got THAT going for me.

4 Comments:

  • Wait. It's not tounge?


    Nice lookin' floor, there, 'tooey.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jan 24, 12:41:00 PM  

  • Grrrrrr.....

    Thanks! What do you think of the wall color? I've been told by a couple of people that it's too dark for a basement, but I like it. It's a lot warmer in person - the compression was not kind to that photo. I'm looking forward to getting the room back together. That's where we keep our foosball table and dartboard, the freecycled Bose speakers I scored last year, a bodged-together home theater projector that I built a few years ago, and my exercise equipment. I miss the room o' fun.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Thu Jan 24, 01:59:00 PM  

  • now thats an accomplishment.

    *singing the theme from rocky*

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Thu Jan 24, 04:12:00 PM  

  • T-U-N-G

    As in oil.

    Which would go well on that floor when you're done. ;)

    (Actually, I can't see the floor. Or the walls. My firewall is gakking photobukkit again.)

    Sorry about your knees, old man.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jan 24, 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home