ptooey, he said...

Monday, December 03, 2007

I Am at Once Afraid of and Intrigued by the Future

The youngest daughter has been on a roll lately. A few examples of her latest exhcanges are as follows:

A: Mom, why did the chicken cross the road?
hiccup: I don't know. Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: I don't know.
hiccup: What?
A: I honestly don't know. I'm just trying to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

me: A, pick your head up off of the dinner table.
A: But I'm absolutely exhausted.
me: Go get ready for bed, then.
A: Picks her head up just long enough to shake her fork at me, then lays her head back down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Her equally precocious friend G was visiting yesterday. I was sitting on the couch watching a football game as the two little girls crossed through the living room on the way to A's room. They were having some sort of discussion (I never asked what the subject was). Bear in mind, they're both a few months short of 5 years old.

G: Well, technically speaking, it's not actually mine.
A: Technically speaking, no. But can you use it?
G: Of course!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home