ptooey, he said...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Flying Solo

The wife and kids headed to Denver this morning with my mom to go school shopping. They plan on visiting some sort of butterfly pavillion (a zoo for butterflies?!) and poking around various malls and whatnot.

This leaves me alone with the dogs. As much as I miss having the house full of noise and chatter, sometimes it's nice to be alone. I should be able to get a bit more work done on the shower and I've got to pick tomatoes. There should be time for a stupid horror movie as well. That's my ritual when I'm alone in the house. I have a weakness for cheeseball horror movies, and my wife can't stand them. The only real hurdle is deciding which one to watch. Decisions, decisions.

I'm also preparing for a bit of an excursion this weekend. Saturday, a friend and I are going mountain biking with a few other people. We're going to ride a two-track dirt road over Beartooth pass straddling the Wyoming and Montana borders. It's a shade less than a 30 mile ride. I've been looking forward to this for most of the summer, and now it's crunch time. It's a shame that I have hardly ridden my bike at all for the last few months. I'm setting myself up for a good bout of saddle-soreness, but I think it'll be worth it. We'll leave early Friday afternoon and camp at the trailhead. Ahh, a night in a tent and then a day on a bike. I should be feelin' GOOD by Sunday!

3 Comments:

  • wow... you haven't been preparing for this ride? ouch.

    cheesy horror flicks. the ones that scare me the most are the ones with pinhead in them... what are they? hellraiser. :eek: but i am kind of a girl.

    i saw a scary japanese one recently. those are creepy.

    anywho. enjoy your alone with the dogs time. its nice to have a few minutes to breath. i am a bit envious actually.

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Tue Aug 22, 11:57:00 AM  

  • Cheesy horror flicks are the best!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 22, 03:26:00 PM  

  • Well looky here... Ptooey's got a blog! :jump:

    Can't say that I'm a fan of cheesy horror flicks. Though I did see a rather amusing film this past weekend. "Snakes On A Plane" - perhaps you've heard of it?

    By Blogger newwavegurly, at Wed Aug 23, 05:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home