ptooey, he said...

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year/Reading Too Much Into It?

And so, blog o' mine, we begin another year. I have reached that point where the changing of the years goes by like flipping through the pages of a book. Last year was a pleasant blur of activity, and I'm hoping for a repeat.

We have adopted a tradition of ringing in the new year by staying in and cooking dim sum. This year we had paper wrapped chicken, steamed dumplings, broccoli salad and a bottle of Korbel. It's not terribly exciting, I guess, but it's what we do.

Friends of ours had asked us over to their house New Year's Eve, but they ended up getting stuck in the middle of Nebraska in an ice storm and had to cancel. Probably for the best, really. For starters, we really do prefer to stick to our own little routine. Also, when we last spoke to them they insisted that it would be safest for us to stay overnight at their house (probably true), and that they had bought a special bottle of wine for the occasion - Folie à Deux Winery's Ménage à Trois Red.

I hadn't really given it a second thought. My wife brought it up yesterday and says that she's still weirded out by it and will have a hard time looking them in the eye the next time she sees them. Regardless of their intentions, I think the comedic potential here is notching up.

Happy New Year, all. May your year be happy, healthy, and free from sorrow!

5 Comments:

  • Maybe it's the fact that they play Let's Get It On in the background every time they call, and the fact that the house always smells like leather...I dunno, maybe you're all being a little over-sensitive, though.

    Happy New Year to you, too. ((hug))

    By Blogger Beanie, at Wed Jan 03, 07:40:00 AM  

  • I think it was more the sly wink when the type of wine was announced.

    I think it's funny. hiccup? Not so much. We shall see. But I plan on playing this one up to her every chance I get.

    Happy New Year, BeanBeanie. ((returnhug))

    By Blogger ptooey, at Wed Jan 03, 07:58:00 AM  

  • Well, you know as I thought more about it, Menage a Trois assumes there's an odd one out...now you can engage her in speculation. ;-p

    Give N a kiss for me.

    By Blogger Beanie, at Wed Jan 03, 11:33:00 AM  

  • That thought had occurred to me too, yes. Could be they just couldn't get their hands on a bottle of Chateau le Perversion's Spouse Swap Chardonay or Maison Derriere's Group Sex Zinfandel.


    Consider it done.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Wed Jan 03, 11:45:00 AM  

  • Oh, with that in mind, Chateau le Perversion makes a very tasty Grabass Gewuztraminer.

    By Blogger Beanie, at Wed Jan 03, 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home