ptooey, he said...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Marital Friction

Dear friends of ours are on a rocket-train to Divorceville. It seems that last month one member of the couple "crossed a line."

I know what the line was. In my mind, it was more of a "you sleep on the couch for a week and get 75 filthy looks" sort of line rather than a "get out of my f'ing house" kind of line.

It brings to mind an interesting question, though. Where is THE LINE? Obviously, it differs from one couple to the next.

After thinking about it, it would take one hell of a crossed line for me to have a falling-out with my wife. For one, I'm no good at dating. She, for whatever reason, approached me first. That means I'll follow her just about anywhere.

I mean, for crying out loud, the woman has tried to kill me on multiple occasions and I still hang out with her. Sure, you laugh. There was the one time that she nearly electrocuted me while I was rewiring a swamp cooler motor while perched on the roof of the house. Then there's the habit of leaving the laundry or other household detritus at the foot of the stairs for me to trip over when I'm knocking about at 4:30 in the morning.

But she's cute, so I'll keep her.

2 Comments:

  • I can't imagine what the line would be with us. You sound a lot like hobbitt. We had a huge thing a few weekends ago, turned out to be nothing other than a misunderstanding. It lasted about 30 minutes, with a half-day of going to our respective corners before "let's kiss and make up" got uttered, followed by tender affirmations of love and respect.

    We're home. And we take care of our home. Plus, we don't have stairs, and I'm not allowed anywhere nearby when he's working with electricity.

    By Blogger bhd, at Wed Aug 30, 07:20:00 PM  

  • poor guy. i guess she was just looking for an excuse.

    and i dont have a significant other. guess i am not significant enough.

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Thu Sep 07, 02:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home