ptooey, he said...

Monday, January 15, 2007

I Can't Believe I Haven't Posted for a Week!

Oh, what a week!

The big inspection finished up last Thursday. I'm pretty happy with the results. They found some stuff (they ALWAYS find some stuff), but it was nothing serious. I put in three 14-hour days last week, so I was pretty ready for the weekend.
Saturday, we had two extra kids around the house. My wife's friend N had a continuing education class all day, and her husband was stuck in Dallas due to the ice storm. Their two little girls are very, very close in age to ours, so they get along really well. They all had a good time, but by the end of the day, my ears were getting a little sore. I boiled up 5 gallons of homebrewed red ale Saturday afternoon, so I've got something to look forward to in a few weeks.

Yesterday was deemed home improvement day. I spent a good chunk of the day cutting ceramic tile for some of the finishing touches on our basement bathroom from hell project. Using a wet saw in an unheated garage when it's below zero outside is no fun at all, and I don't think my fingers have warmed back up yet. But, there are just a few little things to finish, and the bathroom will be done. At last.

It's slowly warming up a little bit outside. We haven't gotten much above 10 degrees F since last Wednesday. It's supposed to be almost 20 today, but the wind has picked up again, and it's blowing all of the snow around.

My wife and I have this somewhat unusual business arrangement/friendship with a wealthy doctor and his wife here in town. The doctor is a former employer of mine, and my wife has done bookkeeping and general toadying (is that a word?) for both of them for seven or eight years. They are very nice people, but can be very high maintenance. Last month, the doctor's wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery last week, and the biopsy results were not good. Downright scary would probably be closer to the truth. Stupid cancer.

Meanwhile, the mood really hasn't improved much. Have you ever heard the term "fear of impending doom?" I think I've got that. I mean, even more than I usually do.


Fear of impending doom. Yup.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home