ptooey, he said...

Friday, January 05, 2007

OnWHEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I really haven't felt like my usual chipper self for the last couple of days. There's no good reason for it. Things have been going very well for me, I'm just out of sorts.

I'm finding myself bored with my job, which hasn't happened since my last job change. It's not that anything on the work front has changed, I just haven't been happy with it for a couple of weeks. I thought that taking time off around the holidays would help my attitude, but it really seems to have exacerbated the situation. To top it off, we have a major inspection scheduled next week. My apathy probably won't help that very much at all.

And, while my family life remains very satisfying, I feel sort of alone. I'm extraordinarily lucky that my wife is my best friend. But, most days she and the kids are the only people I speak to outside of the workplace. Our friends The Possible Perverts have been at each others' throats again, threatening divorce for the third time in a year by my count. A nice get-together with them is pretty much out of the question.

My wife thinks that I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I don't know if it's anything that serious, but at this point I can't figure out how to approach the problem. I went for a nice run outside in the sunshine on New Year's Eve, which definitely helped. For the last couple of days, the skies have been dreary, and the wind has picked up again. More of the same is on tap for the weekend, so it looks like time outside really won't help much.

This too shall pass, I suppose.

8 Comments:

  • The fact your run in the sun made you fel better suggests that it might be SAD.

    I think I suffer from it a bit. I fel so much better on sunny days than dreary ones. And we have had way too many dreary days of late.

    The light in the kitchen has 2 full-spectrum fluorescent tubes in it. If I hang out there for a while I usually feel much better.

    Perhaps you need to rent a lightbox from a local medical supply store.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 05, 09:51:00 AM  

  • I wonder how much those lightboxes cost to rent. Hmmmm...

    By Blogger ptooey, at Fri Jan 05, 10:00:00 AM  

  • Egad. Seventy bucks a month, minimum 2 months, plus a deposit.

    Maybe I'll just go sit a little closer to the window.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Fri Jan 05, 10:31:00 AM  

  • Hell, Bucky. You're only a two-day drive from the labs! Grab the whole fam damily and get yourself out here! Lots of g-rated adult conversation to be had here. *hugs*

    By Blogger bhd, at Fri Jan 05, 01:09:00 PM  

  • Y'know, a trip to the coast sounds like loads o' fun.

    Too bad about the whole poverty issue here.

    Thanks, C.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Fri Jan 05, 01:41:00 PM  

  • Take of the sunglasses - it's not really gloomy.

    By Blogger David, at Sun Jan 07, 07:25:00 AM  

  • I am feeling SAD, but we get sunshine all the time.

    Wish I could help. :hug:

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Mon Jan 08, 08:26:00 AM  

  • You and the family could always come visit some friends in the Sunshine state for a little while...

    Seriously though, I know what you mean. That "feeling alone" is something I've been through even when in the presence of other people. It's part of the reason why RP became what it did in my life.

    Just hang in there, my friend. :hug:

    By Blogger newwavegurly, at Thu Jan 11, 05:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home