ptooey, he said...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Forward X2

The weather here has been almost freakishly nice lately. March, typically, is a big snow month for us. This year, we've had temperatures in the fifties and sixties. It's been fun to get a reprieve from winter, but after last summer's wildfire scare I'm a little fearful of the coming fire season.

As we lost an hour Sunday, I gained a year. We had a quiet day at home, for the most part. My wife and I played tennis for an hour or so in the morning, until it degenerated into us just trying to hit one another with the tennis ball (as it always does). Then, the weather was nice enough that we could spend the entire afternoon in the backyard goofing off and listening to music on the patio.

I had purchased myself a new pair of sunglasses as a present to myself last week, but I was surprised to find that relatives had gifted me enough cash to buy something that I had previously filed under "unattainable and unnecessary extravagances." So, by Thursday or Friday, I will be the proud owner of a spiffy new keg system for my homebrew. I can't wait!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home