ptooey, he said...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

September is Near! And So...I Flail!

It's the last day of August. We had a cold front move in overnight, and it feels downright chilly outside right now. Forecast highs for tomorrow are only in the sixties.

I'd mentioned earlier that for the past few years I approach autumn with some trepidation. This year seems a little easier for me. I'm ready. I'm also hoping that nothing happens along the way to knock me down.

Starting five years ago, I went through a series of disasters, some big and some small, that got me feeling pretty low. It was as if I fell down, and the kicking continued. For the next week or two, I'm going to be dedicating a bunch of posts to these events. I'm not doing this for sympathy, more for documentation. I'd like to get it all written out in black and white for myself. Not pleasant, but I think it has to happen.

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to work this. It might be a whole bunch of consecutive posts, or I may have a few regularly scheduled ones interspersed throughout. We shall see.


So. How many of you have stuck your thumb up your nose lately?

5 Comments:

  • My thumb fits. But not with room to maneuver, I must say. He musta had long nails is all I'm thinkin'...

    Fall is my season to be energized. It was 55 degrees this morning!! Yay!

    Looking forward to reading your stories. ((hug))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Aug 31, 10:35:00 AM  

  • Yeah, what Beanie said. All of it, even the thumb part.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Aug 31, 10:58:00 AM  

  • Dammit. My thumb was precisely up my nose as I read the question.

    We had autumn a few weeks ago already. The red alders dropped their leaves (lack of water, since we've had no rain since June) and the daytime high temperatures were in the mid-60's. This weekend, we're back to so-called summer, with highs in the mid-70's.

    Nights? We have temperatures in the 50's every night, except for that 4-day heat spell. It almost got to 90. Gosh.

    But enough about me.

    By Blogger bhd, at Thu Aug 31, 12:39:00 PM  

  • My thumb was just up my nose, I'll have you know.

    And maybe I should start at the earlier dates instead of reading backwards.......

    By Blogger Anna, at Thu Sep 07, 08:02:00 PM  

  • Anna - start in the middle of the post and work your way out in both directions. It'll make more sense that way.

    I'm working on a new one with both thumbs and my daughter's index fingers. It's gonna knock 'em dead!

    By Blogger ptooey, at Thu Sep 28, 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home