ptooey, he said...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

*honk* *honk* *honk*

I'm not a big fan of pop music. Okay, that may be a gross understatement. Top 40-type songs are, in general, pretty lame.

The place where I work has radio piped throughout the main part of the building. Thankfully, I don't usually have to listen as I can hide in my office with my own music playing.

Today, I've had to spend a good bit of time where the radio is playing, and it's starting to get under my skin. Yes, the songs are every bit as vapid as usual, but something new has apparently become popular. I've heard two songs (at least, I think they're two different songs) using what sounds to me like a bicycle horn for percussion. It's almost as if they're intentionally trying to be irritating, just to see if people will buy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and I've been informed that I owe Sopie an apology. To be honest, I'm not really sure which of my witty (heh) comments is the one that tipped the scale. But, if I crossed the line with any (or all) of them, I am genuinely sorry.

4 Comments:

  • I was just funnin' ya. Sorry. I'll fake up some emoticons next time. No worries!

    I don't think I've ever read anything you've written that would even barely qualify for hurt feelings. You are, generally speaking, A Good Guy in my book.

    By Blogger bhd, at Wed Nov 29, 02:26:00 PM  

  • Phew. Okay, thanks.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Wed Nov 29, 02:59:00 PM  

  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    I HATE top 40 music! I think I always have! I remember, when I was a young teenager, listening to Casy count down the top fourty every once in a while, amazing how very few songs I liked even then.

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Wed Nov 29, 04:42:00 PM  

  • I was fortunate enough growing up to be in a house where music - GOOD music - was playing almost all the time. My dad and I still swap CDs back and forth. I think it spoiled top 40 for me. Not that I mind, y'know?

    Now, Casey Kasem...He was pretty good as Shaggy in the Scooby Doo cartoons.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Thu Nov 30, 06:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home