ptooey, he said...

Monday, November 06, 2006

Where'd Everybuddy Go?

I suppose it's the time of year that kicks me into "contemplative and nostalgic" mode. I really see no other reason. Lately, I've spent a lot of time thinking about old friends that I've lost touch with.

At this point in my life, I'm left with very few people who I consider close friends. There are a couple of people that I hang out with occasionally, and folks from work who I chat with, but nothing like the relationships that I've had in the past. Of course, most of this is due to family life. There's no way I could be closer to anyone than my wife and daughters, but that's not to say that I don't miss having close friends outside the home.

I'm not a particularly difficult person to get along with (I hope), but I admit that I'm a bit eccentric, and people often find me strange. That fact doesn't bother me, as I find people who are about half a bubble off of level to be more interesting, anyway. The personality itself does make it difficult to meet people with similar interests and viewpoints.

There was a period in my life where I moved a lot. Shortly after we were married, my wife and I spent no more than 18 months in any one house for a period of nearly five years. That made it very difficult to remain in contact with friends we already had. Combine that with our friends making their own moves, and we simply don't know where everyone is now.


I miss them. I miss some of them a lot. I wonder what they're doing. I wonder what their kids are like. I wonder if they're still the same people I knew. I wonder if they think about me.

Green-eyed Girl - I hope you found the attention and the security you craved so desperately. You were always a genuinely special person. I hope you realize that.

Danger - I hope for your own sake that you slowed down. I've never met anyone so completely at peace with being out of control.

Best Man - I hope you never let her walk all over you.

BTC2 - I can't believe you're still together. I'm sorry if anything I said ever made you uncomfortable. It saddens me that we've lost touch so completely. I hope you both have all the happiness you could ask for.

Brewmeistress - I hope the voices have finally left you alone. Please don't hurt him.

BTC1 - It was nice to see you last summer. I wish I had more to say to you at the time. Take care of those girls!

Poet - Wow. P-freakin'-hD. I stumbled across your Livejournal a while back. Keep on writing!

Mr. Oones - Where the heck did you go? Toad told me he ran into you a while back. I hope your heart is still as large as the rest of you.

CeeZee - I hear you're a daddy now! And a salesman? I can see that.

Ugh - It occurred to me the other day that Z is old enough to drive now. That scares me on so many levels, you just wouldn't believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home