ptooey, he said...

Friday, October 20, 2006

Smashmouth

I spoke with A's dentist yesterday. It's looking more and more like she's going to be missing both of her front choppers for a couple of years. It's way too early on to see if her adult teeth will be affected.

The dentist sort of rubbed me the wrong way. He was a tad on the arrogant side. When my wife said she wanted to contact a friend who is a speech pathologist, he said "I don't mean to dismiss speech pathology as a profession..." and then pretty well dismissed speech pathology as a profession. As a former mild stutterer, I tend to disagree with him in that respect.

We're going to see if he can score us a referral to one of the pediatric dentists in town, mostly because I'd just like to get a second opinion. I'm sure her dentist is very good at what he does (the amalgam repair job he did on A's split tooth was pretty close to incredible), but it can't hurt to get a second point of view.

I'm thinking about buying a helmet (with facemask) for that kid.

3 Comments:

  • I had to laugh at the title of this entry.

    And yeah, I would get a second opinion.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 20, 06:40:00 PM  

  • geez. that's a big pet peeve of mine: when someone says "i don't mean to be rude, but..." or whatever - something like that. its like they're giving themselves permission to in fact do what they say they don't mean to be doing. when in fact, they DO mean to do it.

    i can't tell you how much i hate that.

    By Blogger rebecca, at Wed Oct 25, 07:41:00 AM  

  • She's scheduled to see the ped dentist on Halloween. Just a consultation, but we'll see what the new dentist says.

    Rebecca - me too.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Wed Oct 25, 09:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home