ptooey, he said...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I am the Wrench in Their Cogs

The other day I read that Netflix was offering big bucks to whomever could improve their method for movie recommendation. It really would be nice if they could come up with a bit more reliable system, but I don't know if there's any hope for me.

ptooey, the following movies were chosen based on your interest in:

End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones

SpongeBob SquarePants: Absorbing Favorites

Son of Godzilla


How do they hope to come up with anything with THOSE to work with?

6 Comments:

  • snicker. I am not yet a member of the Netflix clan.

    and thinking I may not ever be. thanks for the tip.

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Tue Oct 10, 12:13:00 PM  

  • Mel - Those are movies I rented recently from them. Thanks for the criticism of my taste, though. LOL

    For what it's worth, all three of those selections were great, and I really do like Netflix.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Tue Oct 10, 12:52:00 PM  

  • So what did they recommend to accompany those? Fava beans and a nice chianti? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 11, 07:34:00 AM  

  • They recommended a Bob Dylan documentary (that I've already seen), the first season of Spongebob Squarepants, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (that I've already seen), 2 coffee enemas and a blow to the head.

    I don't think I'll be taking any of their recommendations.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Wed Oct 11, 07:49:00 AM  

  • ah! well i kind of thought maybe...

    because i love the ramones and spongebob... don't care much about godzilla though.

    just misread your entry. in the words of emily lattela: NEVERMIND!

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Wed Oct 11, 09:48:00 AM  

  • "just misread your entry. in the words of emily lattela: NEVERMIND!"

    Heh. Well, we all know me no writey so good.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Wed Oct 11, 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home