ptooey, he said...

Monday, October 02, 2006

Keepin' on Keepin' On

Why are the weekends always so short? It was beautiful here both days, and we were lucky enough to get to be outside for a good part of the weekend. Both girls had soccer games on Saturday, so my parents drove over to watch. Both kids got to go to a birthday party Saturday evening, and my wife and I stayed to help with the party. Yesterday, we did some work for some people that my wife does books for. We also brought what should be our last load of firewood down from the mountain.

Yesterday it was over 80 degrees, sunny and perfect. I know we're not going to get too many more days like that, so it was nice to be outside enjoying it.

We picked up the paper Sunday morning and saw this on the front page. I can't believe it's been ten years. Berry was the sister of my brother's best friend. I didn't know her well at all, but she seemed like a very pleasant sort. Her little brother was over at our house a lot. He was (and still is) a good kid. How he has managed to cope through losing a sister an a close friend by the age of 21, I'll never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home