ptooey, he said...

Thursday, October 12, 2006

I RUL

Last night, C sat on the kitchen counter and wrote me a letter. In between all of the illegible parts and barely readable scrawl, I made out that she thinks I am a GRAT DAD. She likes it on the days that I leave work early and pick her up from SKUL. She also likes it that I PLA with her. It was entirely too sweet.

I've always hoped that we would be able to provide kids with happy childhood memories and a sense of security. I hope that they feel loved. There are always going to be bumps in their lives, but little indicators like C's note make me think we might be doing okay.

6 Comments:

  • Heck yeah, you're doing okay!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 12, 03:01:00 PM  

  • Awww. You do rul!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 12, 04:19:00 PM  

  • Mmm-hmmm. U rul.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 12, 04:54:00 PM  

  • The actor Mike Myers once said, when asked about his home life. "Whatever else went right or wrong, my parents loved me unconditionally. They made me feel that they delighted in me. I will be greatful for that every day of my life" I swore then and there that I would try to make my children feel the same way.

    Looks like you're accomplishing that in spades! You definitely RUL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 13, 07:54:00 AM  

  • Um...he was GRATEFUL too! Oy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 13, 08:04:00 AM  

  • Thanks, everyone. Her little letter felt like a good report card or something to me.

    Beth, that one always trips me up too...and I'm a Dead fan.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Fri Oct 13, 08:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home