ptooey, he said...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Real Live Customer Service

I had the strangest thing happen last week.

I had recently renewed my subscription to Paste magazine*, online. My payment was processed through, but after a couple of months I received notice that my subscription had expired.

I called their customer service number and was connected almost immediately with one of their representatives. She was pleasant, well-spoken, and helpful. In less than 5 minutes, she found out what had happened, said she would fix it, and took my phone number in case there were any problems.

I just checked this afternoon and found that she had kept her word, and my subscription has been extended appropriately. That's the first time in YEARS that I've not had a fight when calling one of those customer service numbers, so YAY PASTE!





*If you're a music fan, and you're not familiar with Paste, click that link. Have a look around their site. You'll be hooked.

2 Comments:

  • Rock'n'roll CSR!! Wish I had the coin to keep Paste coming here.

    By Blogger ResearchGuy®, at Thu Nov 30, 06:51:00 AM  

  • It's unusual that they handled their screwup in such a graceful manner that I came away with more confidence in them than I had before. Very nice.

    Yeah, it's sort of a stretch here, too. But, given that I hardly buy any CDs anymore it's a good way to keep relatively current.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Thu Nov 30, 08:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home