ptooey, he said...

Friday, January 19, 2007

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Cohesion

I decided that I needed a change this morning and shaved off the moustache that I'd worn almost continuously for nearly 16 years. When my wife saw it, she asked "WHAT HAPPENED?!" It's going to take me a while to get used to it. It might take her even longer, as she really hasn't seen me much without it. She did mention that she'd forgotten about the scar on my upper lip (I fell onto the corner of a metal toolbox when I was a toddler).

There had been a big scare here at my workplace a couple of months ago when upper management had threatened to close our location down due to lower than expected productivity. I don't work in production, so I'm pretty much at the mercy of whatever trend the demand for our product tends to follow. There's apparently been a major turnaround. I read some very good news yesterday that will probably guarantee my job security for years into the future. So I've got THAT going for me.

We had six head of deer in our front yard yesterday evening. I think all of the wind and blowing snow got them confused, and they were headed into town. It was pretty neat to see. Unfortunately, it looked like one of them had recently been hit by a car. But, she was getting around well enough, so it may have just been superficial.

Not too much on tap for the weekend. I'm going to try to make a run to Home Depot to pick up some sort of millwork to finish off a cap on the half-wall in our basement bathroom project from hell, as well as some sort of corner molding to finish off the tub surround. Oh, and football. Gotta watch some football.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home