ptooey, he said...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Music is Powerful

I'm sure that anyone dropping by my blog is well aware of the ongoing fight between the corporate music giants and the few vehicles we have left by which we can hear genuinely good music and/or new and exciting artists. It goes without saying that we should not allow this to happen, and I'm sure that all of you have contributed in the grassroots campaign to save the music. The corporate-types who seek to control the music industry do so in many ways, and it's frustrating to me that artists who most deserve exposure will never get it through the "conventional" channels.

The man in the video linked below is named Jason Isbell. He's a member of Drive-By Truckers, and I consider him the most talented songwriter in that group (which is saying something.) He's had a solo album recorded for a couple of years now that has been in record company/legal limbo and subsequently unreleased. It's another example of how we can be denied truly exceptional music.

This song is called Dress Blues. It is beautiful, and it's giving me chills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home