ptooey, he said...

Friday, March 07, 2008

Discovering my Past

The other night, hiccup asked me to scan a photograph for C. Something about a school project, I don't know. I decided that since I had the scanner out, I might as well scan a few other pictures we had laying about. hiccup and I have both been interested in photography for quite some time, so we have thousands of photos boxed up here and there. I felt it was time to digitize some of the better and more significant ones.

As I was digging through these photos, I happened on many from our Dark Ages (roughly 2001-2003). It occurred to me that we have purposely scuttled most of these, because neither of us particularly likes to be reminded of that period of our lives. I can accept that. But, I also dug through and found some stuff that I did want to have around, scanned a few jpgs, and a newspaper article written about my brother when he broke his high school's 1600 meter run record. I may even post that article here, as it's a pretty decent read (especially considering the usually well below par writing in my hometown's pitiful rag of a paper). That article, at least, was nice to see again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This afternoon, we're loading up the family for a few days' vacation, camping near Moab, Utah. I'm looking forward to it. I REALLY need a break. See you all on the flipside.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home