ptooey, he said...

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yet Another Reason Why She's the One for Me

We spent quite a bit of last Sunday and Monday gathering firewood on the mountain. It's relatively rough terrain, and backbreaking work. You know, fun.

This year, we had a great find. There was a HUGE dead ponderosa standing smack in the middle of our usual gathering spot. The thing was somewhere around 28-30" diameter at the base. I had my little chainsaw with the 14" bar, so it was going to be interesting getting the tree to the ground.

I decided I'd try a 3 step approach, first cutting a large wedge from one side of the tree, then make two diagonal cuts from the opposite side of the tree downward to meet the wedge. That would allow me to cut down a tree larger than the bar on my saw.

I set to work, and after a few minutes I extracted the wedge. My wife was frantically waving her arms at me from up the hill. I stopped the saw, took out my earplugs and asked her what was up.

Because she still had her earplugs in, she yells out, unnecessarily loud, "Hey - Do you need a herring?"

7 Comments:

  • LOL that is precious!!

    By Blogger rebecca, at Thu Sep 07, 09:22:00 AM  

  • I met her for precisely twenty minutes and barely had any other time to talk with her, but I liked her immediately and thought if geography were different, we could be fast friends.

    I want to know how long it took you to get back to work after the herring question.

    By Blogger bhd, at Thu Sep 07, 12:07:00 PM  

  • Heehee. I love that woman.

    Hic, I don't talk to you too often sweetheart, but know that every time I think I of you, I think "You Rock!!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Sep 07, 12:10:00 PM  

  • I am rolling on the floor. yea. that is funny!

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Thu Sep 07, 03:12:00 PM  

  • Perfect. A hilariously perfect moment. :)

    By Blogger Anna, at Thu Sep 07, 07:53:00 PM  

  • Perfect! A hilariously perfect moment. :)

    By Blogger Anna, at Thu Sep 07, 07:54:00 PM  

  • rebecca! thanks for stopping in!

    bhd - She's a keeper. This stupid country is too big, no doubt about it. I got back to work just a few minutes later, but I had to threaten her with the chainsaw first.

    bean beanie - FWIW, she doesn't know about this little blog 'o mine. Haven't felt compelled to tell her yet.

    mel, anna - Sure, but you have to admit it takes courage to give a taunting of such ferocity when the opposing party is brandishing a weapon.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Thu Sep 28, 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home