ptooey, he said...

Friday, January 26, 2007

I've Gotta Start Having a Subject in Mind Before I Start Typing

Wow, I don't know where the time goes sometimes. Both of the kids are doing dance classes, my wife is taking a class, and I've been under an avalanche of work. It's nice to stay busy, but a tad hectic.

We're headed to visit our respective parents again this weekend. It's A's 4th birthday next Saturday, so we're going to have her "family" birthday get-together in conjunction with my mom's which is this Sunday. I'm also going to set up a wireless router for my parents brand-new broadband internet connection. That should be interesting.

I've been busy around the house, too. We are nearly finished with the basement bathroom from hell. Just a coat of stain and urethane on the trim around the tub, and some grout on a tile cap I installed on the half wall, and it's finished. I really was starting to wonder if we'd ever get it done! We also got rid of a pretty hideous loveseat that I've been carting around for about 15 years. We replaced it with a nice little desk that the kids can play computer games or do homework on. Our dog, Sadie, was the only being in the house that used the loveseat, and she's pretty miffed at us. She's going to have to learn to cope.

Meanwhile, my mood has improved somewhat over the last couple of days. I guess I've learned a few things about myself this month, so that's got to be a good thing.

I also found out that the kid who was the driver of the truck the killed my brother and his friends is having a parole review hearing in the near future. He's also probably going to be transferred to a minimum security facility that is only a couple of miles from my parents' house. That's bad juju, I'm thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home