ptooey, he said...

Monday, March 26, 2007

Freecycle Strikes Again - Special Bonus Edition

NEEDING: VERRY IMPOTANT
A bassett hound or a schnousher my
husbands booses neibhor's dog gothit by a car on 15th street and she is an older
lady. She is verrydevistated and would like to find a friendly new companion.If
anyonecan help please let me know her dog was her life and i hate to see
hersad(MY # IS XXX-5760) if you have one of theese or know someone whodoes
please give me a call or e-mail me Thank you!!!!!!


Oww, my brain.


But I've got mine. Friday morning, I spotted a listing on the local Freecycle group for a pair of Bose 901 speakers. I e-mailed back as fast as my fingers could type, and was apparently the first of many responders wanting them. My wife met up with the lady just a short while after, and as it turns out I scored a nice little find.

They're the series II from the mid-'70s. Cloth driver surrounds, non-ported cabinet, solid wood. They sound sweet, and I'm pretty happy!

3 Comments:

  • now way!!!!!

    you suck. ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at Mon Mar 26, 05:43:00 PM  

  • Hey, those are pretty spiffy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Mar 27, 12:00:00 AM  

  • Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed about them. Granted, we don't really have a big enough room to set them up properly, and I had to set them up in the basement because I couldn't get them to work with my home theater amp because of their need for that dedicated active equalizer. But all in all, you can't beat the price. ;) They're even better than a schnousher!

    I'm having a really bizarre run of good luck lately.

    By Blogger ptooey, at Tue Mar 27, 09:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home